Tuesday, September 17, 2013

skinny tea day two

So I've decided to dive right into the latest health/weight loss trend, Skinny Tea. It smells like trees and I'm okay with that. The truth is this summer has not been kind to me in the weight department, everyone says I look the same but the scale begs to differ, not by much but any change to my BMI puts me in frenzy. CARBS, BEER, BREAD, CHEESE, MORE BEER. The memories of every bite creeping back into my head and sticking to my thighs is just not going to work. I want to wear my new leather leggings without regret and I cant do that if I feel like a Jenny Craig before picture. So anyways, yesterday I started with this cleanse and so far I haven't noticed a difference physically (obviously) but I've noticed a change in my appetite. I feel full and bloated which makes me not want to eat which is great!



The directions instruct you have a cup of their hot skinny tea when you wake up, leaving 30 minutes in between the tea and your breakfast. Every other night you're supposed to drink a tea right before you go to bed, this is the cleanse tea. I'm doing the cleanse tea tonight for the first time.

The meals that I'm eating are healthy, for example, for breakfast I had an egg whites, cheddar, and avocado on a skinny bagel from Au Bon Pain. Usually the 300 calorie breakfast sandwich would only last me 3 hours but today I didn't eat anything after that until around 4:30 pm. Water is also another key ingredient in this little tea venture, it makes me sooo thirsty (i'm on my 4th cup today). For lunch I had a small portion of roasted eggplant soup (120 calories). Sorry for the calorie counting.. its just I'm used to.

Tonight I'm going to the gym and then to grocery store where I plan to buy all vegetables, fruit, nuts, and yogurt.. that's it. I've cut out all meats for the next two weeks until the detox is over. I'm also trying to cut out cheese, even though I had some this morning (baby steps), which is so hard because cheese is my favorite food group.

In conjunction with this post, I've been looking up some other blogs and I've become a huge fan of Taste of Runway, love it, love it a lot.

For all you vegetarians out there please share some tasty recipes! I'm new to this diet with no chicken/fish and I need your help.

I leave you with Cults new single "High Road", an absolute treat. Look out for their new album Static coming out in October because its sure to be mind blowing.





thanks all.


No comments:

Post a Comment