Tuesday, January 8, 2013

spring fashion trends



Like most, Fashion Police on E! is a must see every Friday night and last night I happened to catch their 2013 Spring fashion trends which I couldn't be more excited about. Even though its still January and there's no way I'll be strutting my stuff in a crop top while its 30 degrees outside, I still find it important to share. These trends have been known for months now but there's nothing better than a refresher when all you can think about is 60 degree weather and sandals. So here are some of the major trends we will be seeing in the fashion world for 2013.

1. Gladiator Boots
To me this trend is cute, but needs to be done carefully. With the gladiator sandal you could pick up a pair from target and make them look awesome because it was a little bit of shoe and a lot of outfit. With these I feel if your going to go for it, then please invest some $$ into them. Most of the gladiator boots are as tall as the knee, so you don't want to show off the fake leather used to make them. Head to ALDO or Nordstrom and see what they're offering as far as price and style. This style also comes in a heel which makes them very easy to dress up with a pair of high waisted shorts and a fun flowy top. Make them your own!

2. Plastic Accessories

I will not be taking part in this trend. If anything i'll invest in a beach bag or two but nothing screams 90's quite like plastic accessories. I love Clueless, and although I found Dion and Cher's style to be complete genius, it was a movie from the 90's that should stay in the 90's. There are some really great ways to incorporate this style into your everyday (or rainy) day outfits, such as a plastic raincoat or plastic rain boots. This isn't something that should be taken too seriously.



3. High Waist and Mid Drift

This trend requires a little visit to a gym and some much needed attention to your abdomen, but that's okay because bikini season is right around the corner, and whats better then a head start? I love this trend and I'm extremely excited to stock up on long flowy skirts and cute crop tops. So much can be done with this! Polished look like Selina Gomez or something more casual. The choice is yours.


4. BLACK & WHITE

By far my most favorite! I'm not one for color myself, so this was extremely exciting to see considering everything I own is either black or white. The next time you're at Urban Outfitters, you reach for that black shirt or those black shorts because its a trend, you NEED it to be black. Say goodbye to your color conscience telling you that you own too much black, because you don't, you're just fashionable. The black and white color trend can actually be incorporated to all of the above trends. Wear a black a white print skirt with a black crop top and your good to go, its completely adorable and effortless. This also allows for a lot of accessorizing and the use of bright colors. I'm not a huge fan of neon colors but in the spring/summer I think its important to blind a person or two with your neon green cross-body. Its okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment