Sunday, January 12, 2014

my current annoyance

To me, going on dates is something I've never gotten into, "dating" had never crossed my mind as a necessity or even desire. Going into CVS today had me scatterbrained, I went in to pick up something from the pharmacy and couldn't see passed the over priced chocolate and red teddy bears with heart shaped eyes. Why is it that love is shoved in our face one week after celebrating the new year? It's bad enough everyone is obsessing about their new years resolutions(no judgement, I hope you succeed!), health kicks and tweets out the ass saying "new year, new me". Did I buy a scale today? yes, but I'm also going to Vegas in two months, it has nothing to do with 2014. Anyways, as a young twenty-something, I'm stuck in this weird time where I claim I don't want to be tied down by someone of the opposite sex, but overpriced chocolate and ugly teddybears have the wheels turning. No, I don't yearn for Russell Stover boxed chocolate, but chocolate covered strawberries? Maybe...


I was told by a new friend not to become cynical about love just because its not something I want right now. Truthfully, being 23, I don't know what I want but I know what I'm not looking for, and thats a serious relationship. I also don't want to be making that classic drunk girl mistake of texting someone, who in all honesty I don't really care that much about stupid nonsense that I don't mean. They say, whoever they are, "a drunk mind is a sober heart" and I'm calling bullshit. In some cases, depending the stage of the relationship, being drunk and blurting out a particular confession can be grounds for termination but what if you mean it? Do you need to feel bad for voicing your opinion or feelings? So you "hook-up" with someone.. and then what? Do you just say your farewells and hope everything works out for the best? The whole thing is just plain annoying, hence the reason why I'm so-called "cynical" about relationships. It almost takes the fun out of the fun if that makes sense. I want to have fun but I also want chocolate covered strawberries from a cute boy who tells me I smell nice or something. It's a struggle and balance I'm currently trying to figure out. Overthinking it? probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment