Wednesday, February 6, 2013

dressing for luv.

Honestly I've never been one for Valentine's Day. While typing the original title for this post I spelled out love, l.o.v.e and immediately thought of Ashlee Simpsons song and had to change it just as fast, so luv it is. I understand being in love and making a day to indulge in each others greatness , but if your in a relationship you don't need those things once a year, you need them once a week, or at least once a month. I, myself, am in a super relationship with a guy who makes me googly eyed. We celebrate Valentine's day every year, or we have for the past two, and this year is no different, FOOD. We use Valentine's day to go on food and beer adventures.. with love. This year were revisiting last years v-day restaurant in downtown Philly, the Dandelion.

Valentines day is just about a week away and I'm already trying to figure out what will make me look cute while indulging in a yummy meal. I find there are three main deciding factors when it comes to picking put the perfect outfit for the occasion, what your doing, where your going, and what the weather will be like. If your a student shopping last minute dont forget to ask about college discounts, J.Crew offers 15% off to any student with a college I.D, it adds up. If your on a tight budget dont forget the obvious go-to's like Forever 21 and H&M, just bring your patience. Luckily, I already know all of those things and have my outfit somewhat decided. I figured id share some of my top outfits for next weeks festivities and some fancy jewels.


Blazer: J.Crew Spring 2012 (sample sale)
Silk Top: Lauren Conrad Collection at Kohls Summer 2012
Minnie Pants: J.Crew continuous (all year round)
Patent Leather Bow Flats: Steve Madden Spring 2012 DSW


Pearls: J.Crew Summer 2011

 

Polka Dot Sweater: TJ Maxx Fall 2012 ($18!)
Red Jeans: J.Crew Matchstick Jeans Winter 2012 (currently on sale of $39.99!)
Boots: J.Crew Fall 2011 (Sample Sale for $100)



Necklace: Lucky Brand Jeans 3 Rose & Gold Necklace  Spring 2011 ($60)


Dress: Forever 21 Summer 2012 ($24!)
Tights: J.Crew Opaque Black ($18.50)
Flats: Steve Madden Holiday 2013 Famous Footwear



No comments:

Post a Comment